Updated: Jul 10, 2020
It’s not summer until you make a Dorito Taco Salad! It’s the ultimate summer salad recipe perfect for parties, backyard cookouts or you can easily eat this as your dinner or lunch. A salad with chips? Sign me up!
- Ranch Dressing
- Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
- Ground Chicken or Turkey.
- Cook the meat – Grab your skillet and cook the meat then drain off the grease.
- Mix the ingredients – Mix the meat together with lettuce, dressing, tomatoes, onion and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve – When you are ready to serve it mix in the Doritos and top with dressing!
- If you’d like to make this ahead of time simply layer the salad. First layer is the ground beef, then the tomatoes and onions form layer two. Sprinkle the lettuce on top of that and then the cheese. Leave off the Doritos until serving time. When it’s time to serve, mix in chips and dressing and then toss to combine.
- Not a fan of Ranch dressing? Use Catalina, French or any other dressing you’d love.
- If you are not going to enjoy this all at one time simply take out the amount you’d like, top with chips and dressing then store the rest of the salad in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Iceberg is the classic lettuce used in this salad, but you can use romaine or mixed greens too.
- Top with your favorite Taco toppings like diced avocado.